Sunday 19 August 2007

Getting the Hump

According to this mind boggling article in the Daily Mail, an Australian woman was killed by a pet camel given to her as a 60th birthday present after the animal apparently tried to have sex with her.

Yes, I can imagine how having a 24-stone camel try to hump her would not do this poor woman any good at all, although the article says it's extremely rare for camels to actually kill people.

Nonetheless, a decision will be taken later this week on whether this randy animal should be destroyed. Although I have every sympathy for the victim and her family, I very much hope that the poor creature is allowed to live - after all, it's only young, and was only trying to do what comes naturally. Then again, I don't have much experience of camels, and may see things differently if one tried to mate with me.

Billy Seggars.

No comments: